Thursday, March 19, 2009

If they don't call today, I'm gunning for this guy's job.

Rob Steen.

He's a sports journalism lecturer (!) who is invited by cricinfo to write about whatever he fancies whenever he's in the mood (!). He gets paid around 2000 pounds (!) for each opinion piece as I understand it. He could just be like, "I think the stumps should be orange. How crazy would that be?!" and cricinfo would be like, "you've done it again, Rob. 2000 pounds."

As a 'type B' personality when it comes to opinions on cricket, I always steal his.

...

Also: new Eminem album. It could be great.

4 comments:

Julia Thomas said...

if you don't get his job, what about will swanton's? i'd pay to buy a paper with your type b thoughts. he just makes me punch things five mornings in a row and pine for chloe saltau.

Peach said...

Chloe was the bomb, hey.

I find Will Swanton a little lazy. but - that said - I've got to shoot for the stars/columnists.

Look out Roebuck!*







* = not really. I got the job (!)

Julia Thomas said...

congratulations! what's the job? is it still in newcastle or are you coming home?

Peach said...

Still a Novo.

Office job.

I've had to recalibrate 'home' as well: no, Jules, I won't be *visiting* Sydney in my new job.

Psyched, though.