Monday, October 13, 2008

Do you treat this blog like I do?

I think probably not; you're busier.

I now treat it a little bit like ozhiphop.com in that I refresh it about every ten minutes or so to see if you've added a new post or something like. Sometimes you have and it's like Christmas (with less boring fruit cake).

Sometimes not.

Right now I'm reading a legal magazine article about how when you are considering mounting a defamation action you should consider mounting an action of injurious falsehood concurrently or, even, as an alternative.

Corporations with more than ten employees can't sue for defamation (unless they're charities) according to s9 of the Defamation Act, so injurious falsehood could be useful to large corporations. The requirements are fairly strict as noted by Kirby J in Palmer Bruyn & Parker v Parsons [2001] 208 CLR 288 at [425]. I don't think Kirby J's 'seven point test' need necessarily preclude a Corporation from mounting an action, but it does require intention on the part of the publisher; the publication must've been publish with the intention to induce others not to deal with the plaintiff, or be likely to otherwise damage the plaintiff. This would be difficult to prove.

Do you treat this blog like I do?

3 comments:

Peach said...

Also: any hiphop news for my column?

Dregs from usual places...

Shag said...

Peach, you can't guilt me into blogging more.

But maybe - check this video of Pharell (Pharrell? Pharrel?) and a pregnant MIA doing paper planes:

http://movestill.blogspot.com/2008/10/never-seen-woman-look-finer.html

Peach said...

Lol. Sorry, it wasn't meant to be a guilt blog. It's a boredom blog. I'm bored. No guilt.