Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Fuck. I hate selling out almost as much as a did when I was fourteen.

Right behind The Living End selling out in 1997 is my disappointment at THIS. I mean: COME ON!

This is from Delia Smith's, a British food legend, (grammar?) website, the 'food news' section (!!!!!!!!):


Comfort eating at its best


On the subject of credit crunch, why not eat your way out of it with the new M&S Gastropub range (cheaper than dinner in your local!). Excellent, hearty dishes that could easily be passed off as home-made include Orkney crab gratin (£6.49), Lancashire hotpot and my own absolute favourite, slow-cooked beef short ribs with roasted mushrooms and baby onions in a rich Dorset ale sauce (£9.99).

...

Lame.

4 comments:

Shag said...

When did the Living End sell out? Also, FROM HERE ON IN, YOU'RE ON YOU'RE OWN, SO CARRY ON, JUST LIKE BEFORE (AND DON'T YOU THINK I WON'T)

Peach said...

JUST LIKE THE ENGLISH ARMY!

NOT SAYING I KNOW WHAT'S RIGHT!

MAY (LIFE?) IS NOT FOR YOU AND YOU NOT GONNA TAKE ME!

Shag said...

I still remember seeing them when Red Riders had the support, and finding out every single song they've ever written is a single.

Peach said...

Looking forward to watching the above post video.

At the moment, I'm just hugely stoked that I'm emceeing an OUTDOOR festival in the rain; a festival that just sent around an email being like, "it's NOT CANCELLED".

If this was park cricket, we'd be in the pub, watching cricket. Right now.