Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Rappers are funny - Termanology (sic)

I really like this rapper Termanology and he has this new album coming out soon. Should be pretty killer.

Anyway, I love it when interviews that are just the text versions of an audio conversation are printed like a print interview (it happens HERE).

Shit just gets ridiculous. The two final sentences are amazing:

"DJ Booth: So, with the stage name Termanology, what are some of your favorite words, phrases, or sayings?

"Termanology: “Politics as usual,” that’s one of them. You know, “politics” is one of my favorite words – I incorporate it a lot in my music, I got “hood politics” tattooed on my back. I’ll tell you a funny thing we say, me and all my boys: we tell people, “Rub it on your chest.” Like, if you roll up like, “Yo man, look at my car, it’s so fly!” we’re like, “Word! Rub it on your chest.” In other words, “Yo, f*ck you, f*ck off.” Some kinda funny sh*t we do in my crew."


And this is a photo of him (that he actually posed for (and actually put up on his website)):


2 comments:

Shag said...

On the other hand, I like how truthful those sorts of interviews are - as opposed to heavily edited & cleaned up essays, painting the artists as, if not eloquent, then at least not retarded.

What about The Streets new album? There are some quite tidy beats on it that are dying for actual rapping.

Peach said...

GREAT IDEA.

OK, I'm going to get on it. 'Escapist'?

I'm thinking about a slightly slowed-down 'Roscoe' too; I just feel like it'd work. Hmmmm...